вівторок, 1 березня 2016 р.

In the last stanza of his 1820 poem "The Cloud," Percy Bysshe Shelley writes:
I am the daughter of earth and water,
And the nursling of the sky;
I pass through the pores of the ocean and shores;
I change, but I cannot die.
For after the rain when with never a stain,
The pavilion of heaven is bare,
And the winds and sunbeams with their convex gleams,
Build up the blue dome of air,
I silently laugh at my own cenotaph,
And out of the caverns of rain,
Like a child from the womb, like a ghost from the tomb,
I arise and unbuild it again.
The works of art shown here are on display in Gallery 92 on the main floor of the west building. Take a moment to look at each painting while contemplating Shelley's meditations on "The Cloud." Which artist or work of art do you think best embodies Shelley's words?
Learn more about each work of art at the Gallery: http://1.usa.gov/1LIkZNp.

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар